Monday, July 28, 2014

A poem...

Not my usual thing to do on here but it's late, I'm bored, and I haven't written on this blog for a good long while. 

Would you weep? By me. 

Would you weep for me, my love?
If the sky that sits above 
Like a blanket swaddling the earth 
In shades of warmth and giddy mirth
Were to crumble right on top of me
And nothing it'd leave but dust and debris 
Turning dark as a stormy sea
Would you weep, my love, would you weep 
For me?

Would you cry for me, my dear?
If you heard my screaming full of fear
When the dark night comes swallowing joy
And the undertaker uses our souls as toys 
As I fight to sprint towards the light 
To escape, what is, that dreadful night
Would you turn your face from the sight?
Or would you cry, my dear, would you cry 
For me?

If I should die before I wake
I'd hope, my love, for my own sake
You'd miss my smile, my eyes, my lips 
The tender pressure of my kiss 
Cover me with silk for when I go
And if you wonder, please always know
There's no one on earth that I have loved so

I would weep, my love
I would cry, my dear 
For you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment